Our mission: To help encourage and support city wide unity throughout New Zealand.
Background: In the latter part of the 1990’s pastors in a number of N.Z. cities/towns gathered for 3 days of worship and prayer. These events known as Pastor’s Prayer Summits were largely a response to Jesus’ prayer for unity in John 17:21-23. They helped leaders to identify with the larger Body of Christ in their locality and the city or town to which they belonged. Subsequent to these prayer summits Roundtable Gatherings were held in different parts of N.Z. to encourage and support leaders of pastor’s town or city networks.
In 2010 a small group of leaders, all of whom were leading city-wide networks gathered to pray and seek ways of encouraging others on a similar journey. CitybyCity became the logo under which this support, encouragement initiative would continue. The inspiration for this logo came from – Zechariah 8:21 “The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying “let us continue to go and pray before the Lord, and seek the Lord of hosts. I myself will go also”.
- leaders in each town or city, worshipping, praying, sharing together regularly.
- leaders honouring one another, loving and serving all parts of the Body of Christ in that locality.
- leaders seeking to honour civic leaders, working together, wherever possible, to help meet the needs of the town, city or region whether they be spiritual or physical.
- leaders seeking to pray and dialogue with leaders from other towns, cities, regions for mutual encouragement and inspiration.
- all with unconditional love, cross centred fellowship, faith and perseverance.
This site is authored by Colin and Grace Shaw… Colin and Grace were commissioned by the group that met in 2010 to help encourage unity and prayer in cities and towns across N.Z. To help encourage Christian leaders to focus on what they have in common rather than the things that too often divide, and to keep all things Christ centered. All that Christ be made known and glorified through His Body, the church of that locality. Colin and Grace are very grateful for the fellowship, wisdom and encouragement they receive from many on the same journey.
Colin and Grace wish to acknowledge and thank Ray Sheldrake for his brainchild, the City by City e-Book (5mb). You are invited to click and download this eBook which contains photos and encouraging city stories (this version was updated April 2015).
Colin has authored the book ‘A House for His Glory’. (5mb). Click the title for a free download.